Electronics with Arduino
This course uses a micro-controller platform called Arduino. This will allow us to complete much more complex projects much more easily than would be possible with discrete components. This web release of this course should be considered an Alpha release
. It will be seeing major updates at least through
December of 2010
still seeing major updates. After that, updates will be more minor as the course continues to be tweaked.
My main reason for centering my electronics course on the Arduino is that today more and more of our electronic devices are incorporating some sort of computer chip and this will allow us to better model a whole branch of electronics. Additionally students will be exposed to some programming, which is a very useful skill.
- Unit 1 - Welcome to Electronics
- Unit 2 - Resistance is Futile
- Unit 3 - Introduction to Arduino
- Unit 4 - Controlling the Flow
- Unit 5 - Digital Input and Serial Communication
- Unit 6 - Challenge 1
- Unit 7 - Fading LEDs
- Unit 8 - Ohm's Law and Analog Read
- Unit 9 - Let's make Some Noise!
- Unit 10 - Challenge 2
- Unit 11 - Controlling Higher Currents - DC Motors
- Unit 12 - Servo Motors
- Unit 13 - Getting the Most out of your pins - Multi-Plexing LEDs
- Unit 14 - Getting the Most out of your pins - Multi-Plexing Inputs
- Unit 15 - More Sensors!