Electronics with Arduino
This course uses a micro-controller platform called Arduino. This will allow us to complete much more complex projects much more easily than would be possible with discrete components. While this course sees changes every year, it is currently undergoing a relatively major shift (started May 2015). In all likelihood it will see more changes
over the summer of 2015 at some point...
My main reason for centering my electronics course on the Arduino is that today more and more of our electronic devices are incorporating some sort of computer chip and this will allow us to better model a whole branch of electronics. Additionally students will be exposed to some programming, which is a very useful skill.
- Chapter 1 - Welcome to Electronics
- Chapter 2 - Resistance is Futile
- Chapter 3 - Introduction to Arduino
- Chapter 4 - Serial Communication and Variables
- Chapter 5 - Controlling the Flow
- Chapter 6 - Digital Input
- Chapter 7 - Create a Game
- Chapter 8 - Fading LEDs
- Unit 8 - Ohm's Law and Analog Read
- Unit 9 - Let's make Some Noise!
- Unit 10 - Challenge 2
- Unit 11 - Controlling Higher Currents - DC Motors
- Unit 12 - Servo Motors
- Unit 13 - Getting the Most out of your pins - Multi-Plexing LEDs
- Unit 14 - Getting the Most out of your pins - Multi-Plexing Inputs
- Unit 15 - More Sensors!